Cover letter (3)

•  
  • 82
  • 1
  • 1
Dear Contact Person,

I would like to apply for the XXXX position that you posted on Linkedin.

With over 16 years of experience in software industry, 6 years of experience in academia, and the experience of an entrepreneur working with various industry partners, I believe that I am a strong candidate for this open position.

After received my Master Degree in Electrical Engineering from Harbin Institue of Technology, one of the top 10 universities in China, in 1996, I worked as a software engineer at Founder Co, the leading desktop publishing software company in China. In 1999, I worked as a software engineer at Intel in Shanghai for about 6 months. During 1999 and 2012, I worked as a Soft Engineer, Software Architect, and Senior Software Architect at Nokia Oy in Finland. To pursue my PhD degree, I have been working as a researcher in machine learning and big data analytics in Tampere University under the supervision of professor Dr. Moncef Gabbouj since 2013. I am also the founder of Ensintek Oy, a company that provides consulting services to industrial customers on machine learning, in particular, computer vision related tasks. My long experience in IT industry together with my solid scientific knowledge make me a strong candidate for the XXX position.

The years I spent at Nokia has been a valuable experience for me. I witnessed both the rise and the fall of Nokia, which give me a comprehensive understanding of what makes a company successful and what destroys it. I am enthusiastic about science and research, especially on machine learning and artificial intelligence. I registered as a PhD student on machine learning in 2001. However, I hadn't been able to find time to work on it until I left Nokia by the end of 2012. Interestingly, it was the year that deep learning gained the attention of academia and started to flourish. For the years in academia, I have seen how machine learning, in particular, deep learning technology has evolved and how the industries are attracted because of its potentials. Through Ensintek Oy, I have also been working with companies of different sizes on adopting AI technologies to their business. This gives me a better understanding of the expectation of a company, the difficulties they face and their misinterpretation of the technology.

I am expected to receive my PhD degree in August 2019. It's time for me to face new challenges and achieve more with all my knowledge and experiences.

Highlights of my strength include:

• Solid knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence

• Smooth communication in industry and academia

• Experience of software architecture design and maintenance

• Experience of dealing with customers

• Results oriented personalities

As requested, my CV is attached to this application. More information about myself is available from my personal web site:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your time. I am looking forward to working at XXXX.

Harley