Weight Assesment

•  
  • 1248
  • 0
  • 1
The charts summarise the weight measurements of people living in Charlestown in 1955 and 2015.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

https://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/1005/

The two bar charts compare the data of weight of people living in Charlestown in five age categories (in their twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, and sixties) between 1955 and 2015. Overall, it seems arguably clear that weight of those who dwell in this town has increased during six decades.

Firstly, in 1955, the residents being assessed ideal constituted the largest proportion (at least 50 percent) in all age groups. While overweight or obese people were relatively rare, i.e., less than 20 percent in these ranges of age, quite many citizens were diagnosed as underweight ranging from 15 percent in 40-49 to slightly over 41 percent in 60-69.

As to the year 2015, it is fairly obvious that the older the residents were, the more overweight or obese they were. Although the two youngest groups (20-29 and 30-39) showed almost the same percentage of ideal weight as in 1955 (70 percent and 60 percent respectively), those judged as overweight or obese were the most common among the middle or elder people. Notably, 60 percent of those in their sixties were viewed as obese, and 25 percent overweight, whereas only 5 percent of this oldest group has shown ideal weight.