CONCLUSION part 2 (less than 300 words)

•  
  • 240
  • 1
  • 1
CONCLUSION part 2 (less than 300 words)

Another factor to consider is the specificity of this game. It has a narrative structure. It combines moment where players fighting monsters, dragons and warriors to moment where a narrator tells stories, introduces proves, stages, changes of status or place. The narrator`s voice repeats the same discourse-patterns for more time and this facilitates acquisition. The stories are structured such as songs whit a ritual formula to open and close the narration. The voice is clear, presents an high pitch, and a rhetorical intonation to facilitate the comprehension. Moreover the narration combined with micro-films that make the understanding easier.
A lot of factors that make learning process possible. In fact there are several aspects in the narrator`s voice that are quite similar to instructor`voice: rhythm, tone, speed and clarity.
Another characteristic of this game is that requires to build an identity and to manage it during all the gaming time. Players have to choose between several characters, (humans or monsters) and develop their strength by fighting. They have to manage identity cards, to fill out forms, to provide basic information. This kind of activities that involve repetition in a meaningful context are the most important tasks in the Communicative Approach. They make learning process faster.
Another thing that is a really good learning tool is the subtitle option. These subtitles, (which are only in the target language in our version) are, obviously an extremely effective tool to memorize vocabulary and facilitate the comprehension.
All these characteristics are proven to be fundamental in developing language skills by means of video games and they constitute a limitation in the utilize as an educational tool.