COVER LETTER

•  
  • 392
  • 1
  • 3
COVER LETTER

Dear Mr. Y
my name is Alessandro Martina , I am teaching assistant at the WVU,
I am writing to you to express my interest for the position of tutor in your upward bound program of this summer.
I love teaching, but more than this, I love Education, I spent most part of my life teaching and studying Moral and Ethics, as my first degree is in Philosophy. I received this graduation, in Bologna, Italy, since I am Italian and I am arrived here only last semester.
Since I started working here I found that all the skills and experience gained in my years as educator, back in my country, really matters. My effort to improve teaching methodology has been rewarded by my students and my supervisor, moreover my great inclination as tutor and my positive attitude gave me constantly good feedback.
As educator the principal skill I think is to be always a good role model for kids, putting them at the center of the educational process. It is important to be at their service and at the same time to be their leader, to decide what they are allowed to do and what not. The difference between a good and a bad action has to be clear and marked. Kids need simple but clear answers, positive response to their needs, and to talk about their feelings.
Beside it, I think I am lively person, I like to do outdoor activities, play any kind of sports (even if my favorite it is soccer) and playing guitar.
I believe that I am a very good candidate for this position.
I look forward for hear from you.
Please feel free to contact me for further information.
Regards
Alessandro