"WRITING ABOUT A SPORT OR ANOTHER ACTIVITY"

•  
  • 410
  • 6
  • 3
FREESTYLE SLALOM
Since I was a kid I loved skating. My first skates were the typical one with little car shape, but they were perfect for introducing me to the world of skating. Then after many falls and some injuries, I learned to skate properly. Although I never really stop learning because there is always something to learn.
After that I started to watch videos on Internet and practice on my own to learn the Freestyle Slalom, although it also caused me to acquire bad habits that I'm still correcting.
The Freestyle Slalom is a kind of skating where you have to get round a row of small cones at different distances, although the distance is always the same in each row of cones. It’s not allowed to touch them. It is run those cones in a witty and agile way.
The philosophy is about challenging yourself. To start learning you should have a minimum of skills with skates: to cross your legs while skating, to keep skating on one skate for several seconds, to skate back...But the whole idea is that anyone can do it, although it requires a great perseverance. Other skills such as balance, control over the skates, strength and elasticity come with practice.
If you want to avoid some injury, you should wear an appropriate safety equipment, including helmet, knee pads and wrist guards.