Annie Hall

•  
  • 329
  • 12
  • 11
I took advantage of the recent holidays to watch a lot of movies. I re-watched, for the first time in a couple of decades, "Annie Hall" by Woody Allen. It was like watching it for the first time. As many of other Woody Allen movies, itsr main topics is love and death, like in... "Love and Death".

The movie starts and ends with jokes that illustrate this theme. The first joke is that two women are in a restaurant. One says to the other "the food here is terrible, it's disgusting, tasteless", and the other replies "yes, and the portions are so small". Life can be painful, lonely, and unfair. Nevertheless, we consider it too short.

The second joke is about a man that goes to the psychiatrist. He says, "doctor, my brother thinks he's a chicken". The doctor replies, "Why didn't you bring him?". The man answers, "Because we need the eggs." Relationship can be hard, and for many they'll end in disappointment and bitterness. Nevertheless, we long for the impossible eggs the Love chicken can't give us.