Sakura-viewing party and Hideyoshi Toyotomi 醍醐の花見と豊臣秀吉

•  
  • 981
  • 4
  • 3
Daigo-ji temple which is located in Yamashina in Kyoto is famous for its sakura. Our company was given the sakura by Daigo-ji temple and was planted in a garden.
The sakura was a descendant of the sakura which Hideyoshi Toyotomi, a famous daimyo saw in a sakura viewing party. I hear that the party was much more gorgeous than we image. First hand, Hideyoshi Toyotomi made a plan to hold the party so as to please a lot of women who could not have go out of their castles. Each women was served three gorgeous kimono(japanese traditional cloth) and must have been very happy to get them.
On the other hand, it was not Hideyoshi Toyotomi but Shimazu-clan, Satsuma( Kagoshima prefecture now),Kyushu who was ordered to make numerous kimonos.
Hideyoshi Toyotomi must have been praised by all women but must have been held much grudge by Shimazu clan who had come to run short of money.

京都の山科にある醍醐寺は桜で有名です。その桜をうちの会社の庭にいただきました。その桜は、将軍豊臣秀吉が花見をした桜の子孫です。豊臣秀吉の醍醐の花見といえば、それはそれは絢爛豪華だったそうです。城から一歩も外に出ることがない女性達を楽しませようと思いつきました。女性達は、すばらしい衣装を三着も支給されましたから大喜びだったに違いありません。一歩で、莫大な数の衣装を作らされたのは、薩摩の島津藩です。秀吉は、女性達からは賞賛され、かたや財政難に陥った島津藩からは恨まれる一方だったことでしょう。