The Japanese empress Masako, who became the empress a month ago

•  
  • 48
  • 1
  • 1
Jun 1, 2019 00:19 Masako empress
I will introduce the Japanese empress Masako, who became the empress a month ago. She spent in Russia, the U.S and Japan in her childhood because her father was a diplomatic agent. She spent in the U,S during her teens because her father became a Japanese Minister in the U.S. So she can speak English fluently, more over, Russian, French, German. She is very excellent, and she graduated from Department of Economics, Harvard University with honors. After that, she entered Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. I think the job was vocation for her, because she can speak some languages and have an international way of thinking.

She met the Japanese emperor Naruhito for the first time at a reception party for the king of Spain in 1986, and he asked her to marry him 5 years later. However she was worried about his courtship because she burned with passion for the job. She hesitated to be the empress and wanted to keep working in Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Naruhito persuaded her that she can promote international goodwill like a diplomatic, and said to her that he would protect her from any difficulty. She believed him and they were married in 1993.

After the marriage, she showed signs of maladjustment and she was often absent from public service as a crown princess, The reasons were because she couldn't be active in the Imperial House Of Japan as she worked in Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and she were not blessed with children for a long while despite Japanese citizen's expectation. However she became better little by little because she adapted for it and was blessed with a child 8 years after she married him.

Naruhito became the Japanese emperor and Masako became the empress a month ago, A few days ago, the U.S president Trump and his wife Melania came to Japan as state guests. Masako talked with them fluently in English at the Imperial Palace and amazed them. I think she can promote international goodwill as the empress more than any member of Imperial Household of Japan.