Introducing YouBike - A Public Bike Sharing System In Taiwan

•  
  • 182
  • 3
  • 1
Jan 8, 2019 10:03 English
In order to make citizens more convenient, Taiwan has built the bike sharing system many years ago.

Before the system built, there were only two methods to get to any destination:taking pubilc transportation and walk.

The YouBike system improved this problem, also reduced commute time.

For example, there is a railway station will take me approximately ten minuites to get there from my home on foot.

After the YouBike comapny setting up a borrow-bike station near my home, I merely need to take 3 to 5 minutes to get to the railway station by bicycle.

The Youbike company will assess the place's population in advance and finally decide whether to build a borrow bike station there or not.

If users borrow the bike and use it within half an hour, the YouBike won't charge users;if users capitalize the bike more than half an hour, they will start to charge users. However, the fee is still cheap, from 0.3 to 1.3 USD, depending on how long have users borrowed bikes.

I guess the reason that the YouBike company allow users to capitalize the system within half an hour without charges is probabaly want to encourage people taking pubilc transportation.

So far, the YouBike system covered more and more areas in Taipei and New Taipei City, it's more convenient and it can reduce carbon emission efficiently.
(為了使民眾更方便,臺灣在數年前已建置了腳踏車分享系統)

(這個系統建立之前,只有兩個方式到達任何目的地:搭大眾交通工具或走路)

(YouBike系統改善了這個問題,也減少了通勤時間)

(舉例來說,從我家走路到火車站大約花我十分鐘)

(在YouBike公司在我家附近設置了一個站臺之後,我只需要花三到五分鐘騎腳踏車到火車站)

(YouBike公司會預先評估這個地方的人口並最終決定是否建立站臺)

(如果使用者借用腳踏車的時間是在半小時以內,YouBike不會收費;如果使用者利用腳踏車超過了半小時,他們就會收取費用,不過,費用仍然是便宜的,從0.3美元到1.3美元,就看使用者借了腳踏車多久)

(我猜測YouBike公司讓使用者在半小時內免費利用這個系統的原因或許是想要鼓勵人們使用大眾運輸工具)

(目前為止,YouBike系統在臺北市以及新北市涵蓋越來越多的區域,這是越來越方便並且有效的減少了碳排放)