(No.6) Sample Tasks from the GEPT Intermediate Level Writing Test

•  
  • 44
  • 2
  • 2
Aug 31, 2019 16:00 English
Please write an essay that answers the following question with 120 words:

The amount of scooters in Taiwan are massive. Many families have their own scooters and they capitalize this kind of transportation for getting on duty or going to school every day. Sharing your opinion about why scooters are so popular in Taiwan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we have to get on duty and go somewhere every day, taking public transportation is essential.

However, we still have various options such as driving a car or riding a scooter.

Specifically, the features of the scooter are convenient, flexible and efficient.

Most of the roads in Taiwan are almost narrow and crowded since Taiwan is a tiny island. Therefore, riding scooter is better than taking other kind of transportation especially driving a car.

Moreover, the cost of buying a scooter isn’t expensive, I therefore guess that’s why the scooters are popular in Taiwan.

Generally speaking, most of the people are merely get to some short distances by scooter. Compare with riding a scooter with taking public transportation, sometimes the former will probably better than the latter.
(請寫一篇用120個單詞回答以下問題的文章:)

(台灣的摩托車數量眾多。許多家庭擁有自己的摩托車,他們利用這種交通工具每天上班或上學。分享您對摩托車在台灣如此受歡迎的看法。)

(由於我們必須每天上班並去某個地方,所以乘坐公共交通工具至關重要。)

(但是,我們仍然有各種選擇,例如開車或騎機車。)

(具體地說,機車的特徵是方便,靈活和有效率。)

(由於台灣是一個小島,台灣的大部分道路幾乎都是狹窄和擁擠的。因此,騎摩托車比採取其他類型的運輸尤其是駕駛汽車更好。)

(此外,購買機車的成本並不昂貴,因此我猜這就是機車在台灣流行的原因。)

(一般來說,大多數人只是藉著機車到一些短程距離。以搭乘公共交通和摩托車比較,有時前者可能比後者更好。)