English Questions

•  
  • 103
  • 2
  • 2
Feb 10, 2019 09:52 English
Cram schools are relatively popular in Taiwan, many parents will send their children to there, especilaay learing English.

There are many English cram school advertisements appeared in my Facebook's news feed when I glanced at my news feed.

I am kind of annoying when they appear constantly, because I merely want to see what I really want to see without any other else things.

However, I played an interesting Egnlish question games last afternoon, which was also an English cram school's advertisement.

There were ten questions and I merely got five correct, all of them are English common sense.

For example, if someone ask you, do you think this party is great? the answer is ''Yes! it's funny!'' I thought this statement is correct in the beginning.

In the end, I noticed the statement was wrong, the explanation said that this response wasn't appropriate because the word ''funny'' decribes that a person is interesting or making others want to laugh.

So this response is not only inappropriate but also is it informal.

I learned something new.
(在臺灣,補習班很盛行,許多家長都會把他們的孩子送到補習班去,特別是學英文)

(當我在看我的臉書的動態時報的時候,有許多英文補習班的廣告會出現)

(當它們不斷的出現時,我有點煩,因為我只想看我想看的東西而不是其他東西)

(不過,我昨天下午玩了一個有趣的英文問題遊戲,是一個英文補習班的廣告)

(有十個問題而我只答對五個,都是英文常識)

(舉例來說,如果有人問你,你覺得這個派對很棒嗎?回答是''對!它真好笑!''我一開始以為這個敘述是正確的)

(最後,我注意到了這個敘述是錯的,解釋是這個回答不妥因為''funny''這個字描述一個人很有趣或讓人想發笑)

(所以這個回答不僅不妥還不夠正式)

I learned something new.
(我學到了新的東西)