Winter Solstice Festival

•  
  • 238
  • 1
  • 1
Dec 22, 2017 21:11 English
The Winter Solstice Festival is one of Chinese festival, most of people called it as ''Dongzhi'' directly from Chinese pronunciation in English. It's one of the twenty four solar term as well.

During the day, people will prepare Tangyuan as a dessert to celebrating the day together. More precisely; the cuisine imply reunification.

I guess other than China and Taiwan or Hong Kong,some parts of Eastern Asia are also celebrate the day like Japan or Korea perhaps.

It has developed variety of flavors, typically, as most of people have knew that there are two main flavors of Tangyuan are sweet and salty.

I prefer salty Tangyuan but not like sweet. Which kind of flavor of Tangyuan do you prefer?

Today I haven't eaten Tangyuan yet, because I'm afraid of obese. However it's quite difficult to put up with starving when people eat Tangyuan in front of me.
(冬至是其中一種中華節慶,多數人直接從中文發音中稱它為''Dongzhi''在英文裡,它也是二十四節氣中的其中之一)

(在這一天當中,人們會準備湯圓做為點心來一同慶祝這一天,更精確的說,這料理意味著重新團圓)

(我猜除了中國跟臺灣還有香港,東亞某些國家如四本或韓國或許也有慶祝這個節日)

(它已發展出了多樣化的口味,典型上來說,就如多數人已知道有兩種主要口味的湯圓是甜的跟鹹的)

(我喜歡鹹湯圓但不喜歡甜湯圓,你喜歡哪一種口味的湯圓呢?)

(今天我還沒吃湯圓,因為我怕胖,不過當人們在我面前吃湯圓的時候是很難忍受饑餓的)