A Good English Question

•  
  • 91
  • 3
  • 2
Feb 16, 2019 19:37 English
There are two popular English teaching magazines in Taiwan, which are ''Let's talk in English'' and ''Studio Classroom''.

''Let's talk in English'' fits someone who is merely an English language beginner, the difficulty of understanding its content is a piece of cake.

''Studio Classroom'' includes many advanced vocabulary and difficult grammar, it is suitable for some people who have higher English ability.

Simply speaking, ''Let's talk in English'' belongs to basic English, ''Studio Classroom'' belongs to difficult English.

Today I found a great question discussion from Let's talk in English.

It is said that there was a reader asked the publisher about what is the different between ''biker'' and ''cyclist''?

I also confused, because these two words' meaning in Chinese are pretty similar.

However, the answer from the publisher was that a biker means someone who rides a motorcycle, a cyclist means that someone who rides a bicycle.

Is it correct?

http://www.studioclassroom.com/
(在臺灣有兩個英語教學雜誌,分別是''大家說英語'',和''空中英語教室'')

(''大家說英語''適合還是英語初學者的人,理解它的內容的難易度非常容易)

(''空中英語教室''就包含了很多高階字彙跟困難的文法,適合擁有比較高階的英語能力的人)

(簡單說,''大家說英語''屬於基礎英文,''空中英語教室''屬於困難的英文)

(今天我就發現了在大家說英語中的一個很棒的問題探討)

(它說道有一位讀者問這個出版社有關''biker'' and ''cyclist''之間有什麼不同?)

(我也很困惑,因為這兩個字的意義在中文至中非常的類似)

(不過,出版社的回答是說一個biker意指騎摩托車的人,一個cyclist意指騎腳踏車的人)

Is it correct?
(這正確嗎?)

http://www.studioclassroom.com/