An Unique Political Culture In Taiwan:Sending Gifts For Constituents

•  
  • 99
  • 1
  • 2
Nov 27, 2018 10:36 English
As I mentioned that the regional election is going to be held on this Saturaday.

Many candidates assigned their own staff members sent gifs for people.

The gift can be a small parcel of toilet paper, a gauze mask, scratch paper, a scouring pad, a small box of floss pick and a fan.

When I walk on the street, there are many such people will sent me such things, in order to attrat people to support that candidate.

This is one of unique political cultures in Taiwan, isn't it?

I have received many scouring pads from my mailbox.

To be honest, I don't have to own many scouring pads, they are useless, I already have many scouring pads in my home, so it can be annoying, meanwhile, I seldom wash dishes and bowls, cutlery, etc.

The most useful gift in my opinion is toilet paper, because the thing belongs to a kind of consumables/expendables, I'm happy to receive more toilet paper, this way, I don't have to buy them at the supermarket and save more money efficiently.

Futhermore, a small parcel of gauze mask is useful as well, in case of I got sick or the air condition isn't good, to wear a gauze mask would be nice.

Anyway, there are too many such bizarre gifts that people can receive until the election complete.
(就如我曾提到這週六,區域性選舉將會舉行)

(許多候選人指派他們的工作人員派發禮物給人們)

(禮物可以是一小包衛生紙,口罩,便條紙,菜瓜布,一小盒牙線棒或扇子)

(當我走在街上時,有許多這樣的人會給我這樣的東西,為了吸引人們去支持那個候選人)

(這是臺灣其中一個獨特的政治文化,不是嗎?)

(我已在我的信箱中收到很多菜瓜布了)

(老實說,我不必擁有這麼多菜瓜布,他們對我來說是沒用的,我家早已有很多菜瓜布,所以這很煩,同時,我很少洗盤子或碗,餐具...等等)

(我覺得最實用的贈品是衛生紙,因為這個東西屬於一種消耗品,我很樂意收到更多衛生紙,這樣一來,我不必在超級市場買它們並有效地存更多錢)

(此外,一小包口罩有很實用,假如我生病或空氣品質不好,戴口罩是好的)

(總之,有太多這樣奇異的贈品是人們可以在大選結束之前收到的)