Part One:Background of My Family Members

•  
  • 107
  • 1
  • 2
Apr 14, 2019 08:49 English
My father was born in Yilan county, that is a township, which is located in northeast of Taiwan. Around there, their local specialities are Sansing Green Onion(a kind of crop), Smoked Duckling(Ya Shang), ox-tongue cakes(It doesn't mean that this cake are made by an ox's tongue, it just looks like an ox's tongue.). There are so-called four treasures in Yilan, which are Smoked Duckling, smoked pig's liver, Yōkan(it is a thick, jellied Japanese dessert made of red bean paste, agar, and sugar. It tastes like a sweet cake) and Candied fruit.

His father came from mainland China, during the Chinese Civil War between CCP and KMT, his father fled from China with nationalist government, so that's why we are now live in Taiwan. He graduated from a junior college called the China Maritime College, currently this school has already changed its system as the Taipei University of Marine Technology. He is interested in classical Chinese literature and poems, also like to play Chinese shadow boxing, which means ''Taijiquan'' in Chinese, it is a kind of Chinese martial art. He is not professional about shadow boxing, he is just amateur.
My father was born in Yilan county, that is a township, which is located in northeast of Taiwan. Around there, their local specialities are Sansing Green Onion(a kind of crop),Smoked Duckling(Ya Shang), ox-tongue cakes(It doesn't mean that this cake are made by an ox's tongue, it just looks like an ox's tongue.). There are so-called four treasures in Yilan, which are Smoked Duckling, smoked pig's liver, Yōkan(it is a thick, jellied Japanese dessert made of red bean paste, agar, and sugar. It tastes like a sweet cake) and Candied fruit.
(我爸爸生於宜蘭縣,是一個小鎮,位於臺灣的東北部,在那兒,他們的當地名產是三星蔥(一種玉米),鴨賞,牛舌餅(這不代表這個餅是用牛舌做的,只是看起來像牛的舌頭),在宜蘭有四個所謂的名產,鴨賞,煙燻豬肝,羊羹(是一個厚的,膠狀的紅豆膏,由洋菜以及糖所製的日本甜點,嚐起來像甜的蛋糕),以及蜜餞)

(他的父親來自中國大陸,在國共內戰中,他的父親跟著國民政府從中國大陸逃逸,所以這就是為何我們現在住在臺灣,他畢業於一所五年制專科學校,中國海事專科學校,現今這間學校已改制為臺北海洋科技大學,他對於文言文的中國文學以及詩詞有興趣,也喜歡練習太極拳,是一種中國武術,但他並不是很專業,他只是業餘的)