A New Library Is Going To Be Opened Shortly

•  
  • 47
  • 2
  • 2
Jun 21, 2019 15:56 English
The New Taipei municipal government in Taiwan planed to build a multi-functional public building in my hometown and the building has already completed since the beginning of this year but it hasn't be opened yet.

At the third and fourth floor of the building is belong to the library. The third floor is a children reading area with some entertainment facilities.

The fourth floor is an adult reading area with an information retrieval area and a video watching area.

I am a librarian, originally I stayed in another farther tiny branch, since this new library was completed, I was assigned to transfer to this library several months ago.

Because most of the librarians are middle-aged women, I am one of quite a few young men librarians, my superior considered me can carry heavy things so he assigned me to this new library.

Before the library opened, they need massive human resources for carrying books and furniture into the library.

I am happy to carry heavy things, but why I don't want to be transferred to this workplace, let me explain it.

At first, I didn't want to be transferred to this library because the superior's administrative office is also here. It means that I can merely sit at the counter without reading books, browsing my phone sometimes because one of our regulations limit librarians cannot do anything which is not related their tasks when get on duties.

If I still stayed in my original tiny branch, there was no any superiors there, so I could read books and prepare for my exams at the counter when there are no any patrons approach the counter.

Because there are many superiors who will constantly look around each of the floor when they walk out of the office at this new library.

Also, I don't like too much patrons get into the library, it means that my leisure time of reading books and preparing exams will be limited.

Sadly, the library is quite spacious and vast, I expect there will have a lot of people come in this library after it being opened.

Since I always like to reading books and preparing for exams at the counter, I am not accustomed to daze at the counter and merely (stare?/gaze?) at the computer either.

On upcoming June 30th, this library will be official opened. The general library asked mayor for attending the library opening ceremony on that day.

Currently we are still carrying heavy books and furniture, mopping the floor, wiping desks.
(臺灣的新北市政府計劃在我的家鄉建造一座多功能大樓並且這棟大樓已在今年年初建成但尚未開放)

(這棟大樓的三樓與四樓屬於圖書館,三樓是兒童閱覽區以及一些娛樂設施)

(四樓是成人閱覽區與資訊檢索區和影片觀看區)

(我是一位圖書館員,我之前待在另一個小分館,自這座新的圖書館建成後,數個月前我被指派調到這座新圖書館)

(因為多數圖書館員是中年女子,我是其中幾位年輕的男館員,我的長官視我可以搬重物所以他派我到這座圖書館)

(這座圖書館開放前,他們需要很大的人力來搬書跟家俱到圖書館)

(我很樂意搬重物,但我為什麼不想被調到這個地方,讓我解釋)

(起初,我不想被調到這間圖書館是因為長官的行政辦公室也在這裡,這代表我只可以坐在櫃檯不刊書,有時滑手機,因為我們的其中一條規定限制館員在上班時不能做其他與他們的職務不相干的事)

(如果我仍待在我原本的分館的話,那邊沒有任何長官,所以我可以贊沒有任何讀者接近櫃檯的時候讀書並在櫃檯準備我的考試)

(因為有很多時常會在這間新的圖書館裡的辦公室走出來並巡視的長官)

(同時,我不喜歡太多讀者進入圖書館,這代表我的空閒讀書與準備考試的時間會被限制)

(悲哀的是,這座圖書館非常寬廣與巨大,我預計開放之後會有許多人進入這間圖書館)

(我總是喜歡在櫃檯讀書與準備考試,我不習慣在櫃檯發呆並只是瞪著電腦)

(要來的六月三十日,這間圖書館會正式開放,總館請了市長在那天來參加圖書館的啟用典禮)

(現在我們仍在搬很重的書以及傢俱,拖地板,擦桌子)