A Further Decision

•  
  • 320
  • 1
  • 1
Aug 17, 2017 16:49 English
Originally, this year I would apply a research/graguate institute, National University of Governance (National Chengchi University).

This is one of the top five famous university in Taiwan, 1st is NTU(National Taiwan University), 2nd is THU(Tsinghua University), 3nd is CTU(Chiao Tung University), 4th is NCKU(National Cheng Kung University), the fifth one is NCCU(National Chengchi University).

These universities are the most difficult to apply, normally, there are a few brilliant high school students will get the qualified. about this option to apply the university, in Taiwan we say ''Multi-Star Project''.

Returning to the original topic is that I am eligible to apply the NCCU Research/Graguate Institute of Library, Information and Archival Studies, E-Learning Master Program of Library and Information Studies. If I graguated, I will get a Master's degree.

Why did I say that I am eligible to apply the research Institute? because they have three requirements for applicants, at least conform to one, then the applicant is qualified.

First, you are a librarian, second, you are a teacher which related to public school, third, at least you work for three years relevant to the culture education or culture protection job experiences.

I qualified to the first requirement, however I changed my decision, lastly I was give up to apply.

My point of view is that spending a lot of money to get a unmeaningful degree, inferior to take the certificate of English tour guide, because I won't stay in the library forever, the degree just can content with my reputation but not benifit my future to find better job.

The schooling of NCCU is renowned for the most expensive in Taiwan even transcend the NTU, if I take this Research/Graguate Institute, it will takes me almost 2,334 USD per year! I can't afford to it.

I don't need this reputation, I just need reality.
(我原本今年想申請一間研究所,國立政治大學)

My former surpieior also encourage me to apply.
(我的前主管也鼓勵我去申請這間研究所)

(這是臺灣前五大有名的大學,第一是國立臺灣大學,第二是國立清華大學,第三是國立交通大學,第四是國立成功大學,第五是國立政治大學)

(這些大學是在臺灣最難申請的大學, 通常只有一些傑出的高中生有資格,關於這種方案,在臺灣我們稱為''繁星計劃'')

(回到原本的話題,就是我有資格申請國立政治大學圖書檔案學研究所的圖書資訊數位碩士在職專班)

(為什麼我說我有資格身請這間研究所?因為他們對申請者有三個要求,至少要符合一項,申請者才有資格報名)

(首先你要是一位圖書館員,第二,你是一位與公家學校有關的教師,第三,你至少要有三年從事文化教育或文化保護的工作經驗)

(我符合第一項條件,不過我改變我的決定,最後我放棄申請)

(我的觀點是與其花這麼多錢去拿一個沒意義的學位,不如去考英語導遊證照,因為我不會永遠待在圖書館,這個學位只能滿足我的名聲但不會對我未來能否找到好一點的工作有幫助)

(國立政治大學的學費在臺灣是最貴的,甚至超越國立臺灣大學,若我到這間研究所唸書,每年會花掉我將近2,334美元!我可付不起)

(我不需要這種名聲,我只需要實際)