English Question

•  
  • 128
  • 1
  • 1
Sep 8, 2018 14:17 English
I'm preparing for an up-coming English exam - the GEPT Upper-Intermediate Level Test.

I borrowed a relevant question database book in order to be familiar with the exam's question form.

One of the question is:People tend to feel unhappy when someone else has something that they would like; however,''????'' can ruin relationships and cause problems at work.

About the answer of the question mark are:(A)suspicion, (B)curiosity, (C)jealousy, (D)hostility.

The correct answer is (C), however, why can't we choose (A)? the text book's explaination said that the first sentence showed ''others have something, which you have no same thing will cause unhappy, so should choose(C).

My question is, suspicion will also cause problems at workplace, this is consist with logic, isn't it? but why the answer must be (C)?

I'm quite doubt that.
(我正在準備即將到來的英文考試 - 全民英語能力檢定中高級測驗)

(我借了一本相關的題庫書是為了熟悉這個測驗的題型)

(其中一題是:人們會因為別人擁有他們所想要的東西而不開心,然而在職場上,嫉妒會破壞關係並製造問題)

(關於題目的答案有:(A)猜忌, (B)好奇, (C)嫉妒, (D)敵意)

(正確答案為(C),不過為什麼我們不能選(A)?這本教科書的解釋是說第一句顯示了''其他人擁有你所沒有的會引起不開心'',所以該選(C))

(我的疑問是,猜忌也會在職場上引起問題,這符合邏輯,不是嗎?但為什麼答案一定要是(C)?)

I'm quite doubt that.
(我很懷疑)