An Essay - Thinking About Something

•  
  • 56
  • 3
  • 2
Oct 20, 2019 07:05 English
Since tourism industry is not stable, if some relevant policies change, it will probably influence tourist guides' job or some related workers' employment.

I therefore consider that this kind of occupation is merely can be a part-time job.

Someone said ''do not put your eggs in the same basket''. That's for sure.

I have been thinking about improve my English, and apply for a higher position in some other occupations such as the Taiwan External Trade Development Council.

This organization is a pretty professional trade company in Taiwan. They require the applicants who want to apply for their jobs must have very proficient English.

According to my observation, there are too many people who obtained English-speaking tourist guide licenses and Chinese-speaking tourist guide licenses in Taiwan.

These groups of marketing seem to be too crowd. People can hardly gain any profits or opportunities in case the number of people who obtain the license are keep increasing.

Although English-speaking tourist guides have more opportunities than Chinese-speaking guides, since Chinese-speaking guides cannot speak any other languages.

Meanwhile, recently mainland Chinese government greatly reduced their citizens visit Taiwan due to the Cross-Strait relations probably deteriorated again by politics from both sides of the strait.

Many Chinese-speaking tour guides therefore hardly have opportunities to lead Chinese-speaking tour groups. Most of them are facing unemployment. I am very sorry to hear such an awful news.

As a result, will English-speaking tour guides also have the potential crisis in the near future due to the policy from tourism industry changed? Who knows? No one is capable of judging that what will happen in the future either.

I am not making an exaggeration, since the politics in Taiwan always being changed after every elected president took their terms of office.

This is a thought-provoking question in my opinion. Therefore, try to enhance my personal competitive strength is definitely essential.

As I already mentioned, if some policies which related to the tourism industry changes, than the employment will probably be influenced.

I want to keep improving my English, and I hope that I can ultimately become a staff in the Taiwan External Trade Development Council, even though this is still a fantasy story to me currently.
(由於旅遊業不穩定,如果某些相關政策發生變化,可能會影響導遊的工作或某些相關人士的就業。)

(因此,我認為這種職業只能是兼職。)

(有人說“不要把雞蛋放在同一個籃子裡”。這是肯定的。)

(我一直在考慮提高英語水平,並申請其他職業,例如臺灣對外貿易發展協會的更高職位。)

(該組織是臺灣一家非常專業的貿易公司。他們要求要申請工作的申請人必須精通英語。)

(根據我的觀察,在臺灣獲得英語導遊證和中文導遊證的人太多。)

(這些群體似乎過於擁擠。如果獲得證照的人數不斷增加,人們幾乎不會獲得任何利潤或機會。)

(儘管英語導遊比漢語導遊有更多的機會,是因為漢語導遊不會說其他任何語言。)

(同時,中國大陸政府近期大幅度的減少其公民訪臺是由於兩岸關係或許再度因海峽兩邊的政治所惡化。)

(因此,許多中文導遊幾乎沒有機會帶領中文團。他們中的大多數人都面臨失業。聽到如此可怕的消息我感到非常抱歉。)

(因此,假使旅遊業政策的改變,英語導遊在不久的將來會有潛在的危機嗎?誰知道?也沒有人能夠判斷將來會發生什麼。)

(我絕不是微言聳聽,因為臺的政治總是在每位當選的總統就職後就改變。)

(我認為這是一個發人深省的問題。因此,嘗試增強我的個人競爭力絕對是必不可少的。)

(正如我已經提到的,如果某些與旅遊業有關的政策發生變化,那麼就業可能會受到影響。)

(我想繼續提高我的英語水平,我希望我最終可以成為臺灣對外貿易發展協會的員工,儘管這對我來說仍然是一個幻想。)