Do Things Right

•  
  • 154
  • 0
  • 2
Nov 10, 2018 08:59 English
As the regional election is going to be held on November 24th, many candidates used diverse methods to attract constituents' attention.

Current Taipei mayor Ko Wen-je is a political celebrity, because of his pet phrase, behaviour are extraordinary, a young man who can be seen in this video edited this theme song for Ko.

He is trying to gain to chance to re-election.

I guess the reason that Ko asked for the young man to edit the song is to attract more young constituents to vote for him.

Two of his pet phrases are ''do things right'', ''do the right things''.

As some people know that he used to be a surgeon at the Taiwan University Hospital, so his character is always require himself and subordinates to offer high standard services without errors.

So ''do the thing right'' became his slogan in this song and repeat constantly.

The background place of the video is the Taipei municipal government. Also he repeat a words many times, in English, it means ''it is strange''(I'm unsure whether I translate ''怪怪的'' into English as ''It is strange'' is correct or not), this is one of his pet phrase as well, when he notice something is not normal, he will say'' it is strange''.

Also, one of his personal features is scratch head when he is in a puzzle.

This is a hip-hop song and pretty hypnotic, I don't know whether the song will attract young constituents or not.

I think the answer depends on the result of the up-coming election.

(就如區域ˊ選舉即將在11月24日舉行,許多候選人使用了不同的方法來吸引選民的注意力)

(現任臺北市長柯文哲是一位政治名人,由於他的口頭禪與舉止很特殊,一位在這部影片中可以被看到的年輕人為柯文哲編寫了這首歌)

(他試圖取得機會連任)

(我猜測柯文哲請這位年輕人編寫這首歌的原因是為了吸引更多年輕選民投他一票)

(他的其中兩個口頭禪就是 ''do things right'', ''do the right things'')

(就如一些人知道他曾在台大醫院當外科醫生,所以他的性格總是要求他自己以及下屬們在沒有錯誤的情形下提供高標準的服務)

(所以''do the thing right''成為他在這首歌裡的口號並且不斷重複)

(這部影片的背景地點是在臺北市政府,同時他重複了一句話許多次,英文的意思是''it is strange''(我不確定是否我把''怪怪的''翻譯成英文的''it is strange''是否正確,這也是他其中一句口頭禪,當他注意到有些事不正常的時候,他就會說''怪怪的''))

(同時.他的其中一個個人特徵就是當他困惑的時候會搔頭)

(這是一首嘻哈歌曲並且非常洗腦,我不知道這首歌是否能吸引到年輕的選民)

(我覺得這個答案要看這次即將到來的選舉的結果)