Another Examination

•  
  • 62
  • 3
  • 2
Apr 27, 2019 00:46 English
The day after tomorrow, I am going to take the GEPT writing and speaking test.

I have failed in this portion of test many years, this is my third times to take this exam.

Gradually I noticed that a good tour guide doesn't mean that he or she must has a fluent English, but has an accommodating mindset and ability of solving unexpected problems.

If I spoke English well without those extra abilities, I am still not an eligible guide.

What I detected is that the majority of Taiwanese tour guides' English are not ideal about pronunciation and grammar.

At first, I doubted that why they can be tour guides for such a quite long years without any complaints from visitors about their imperfect English.

After participating several tour internships, I eventually realized the secret of catching clients' heart are probably enthusiasm, safety and understand what clients want to obtain from the tour trip.

Therefore, English ability seem not to be the main issue though.

The ability of Producing Happiness and humorousness are two of the essential core elements of being a professional tour guide in light of my recent observation.
(後天我將會參加全民英檢寫作與口說測驗)

(我這個部份的測驗上已失敗多年,這是我第三次參加這個考試)

(我逐漸發現一個好的導遊不代表他或她必須要有很流利的英文,而是有熱忱的心態以及解決不可預期的問題的能力)

(如果我英文說的很好但缺少那些額外的能力的話,我仍不是個有資格的導遊)

(我發覺多數臺灣導遊的英文不盡理想在發音與文法)

(起初,我很懷疑他們為什麼可以當導遊這麼多年而沒有任何觀光客抱怨他們不理想的英文)

(在參與數次導遊實習之後,我最終領悟到抓住顧客的秘訣或許是熱情,安全以及瞭解顧客想要在一趟觀廣導覽團當中想要什麼)

(因此,英文能力似乎不是主要的問題了)

(營造幸福以及幽默的能力是做為一個專業導遊的其中兩項核心必備要素,這是根據我近期的觀察)