Attempt of Translating A Classical Chinese Poem

•  
  • 92
  • 0
  • 1
Apr 19, 2019 21:48 English
When a person receives a mission from the heaven, this person must be trained by many tough things, the body would be tired, hungry and might face the suffering of poverty as well.

All things the person did are seem to be bad, this is in order to shock the person's mind, straighten the person's character and mentality, modify what the person lack for.

People have the opportunity to modify their mistakes is because they did wrong things.

When we encounter tough things and our mood is frustrated, we will probably want to upright our mind from our face, voice, and finally understood by others.

If a country has no any wise courtiers or any enemies outside of the country, the country will finally be destroyed.

And we finally will probably realized one thing is that the consciousness of being concern with anything makes people survive;enjoy playing around all day will finally destroy the future.
(上天準備把重大使命交付某人身上,一定要先磨練他的心志,勞累他的筋骨,使他的身體忍飢挨餓,使他備受困窮之苦)

(使他的所做所為都不能如意。為的是要震憾他的心思,堅忍他的性格、心性,由此增長他所欠缺的能力)

(人們總是要犯了過錯,才有機會改正)

(心志困苦鬱結,思慮受阻礙,然後才會發憤振作;表現在臉色上,表達在聲音中,然後才會被人了解)

(一個國家,在內沒有遵守法紀的大臣和輔佐的賢士,在外沒有敵對國家和外患的威脅,這個國家遲早會滅亡)

(然後知道, 憂患中使人獲得生存,安逸享樂中會遭致滅亡的道理了)