To be a Polite Person is Essential For Everyone

•  
  • 218
  • 3
  • 1
Aug 21, 2017 06:55 English
I remember, since childhood, our junior high school teacher's major subject was English, one day our school sponsored a school trip / field trip (I'm not sure which one is better), she was in charge of bring us to the Window on China Theme Park, Taiwan by a coach.

Since she used to teach us an English conversation from one of her English class, I learned this dialogue was ''A:Where are you from? B:I from......''.

About this school trip / field trip, I met a senior foreigner and a Taiwanese accompany with her, I ignorantly / innocent asked her ''Hey! Where are you from?''

She just ignore me and it seems that she dislike my attitude, and she was whispering with the Taiwanese.

After that, the Taiwanese said Chinese, said ''she thought that you are a impolite person, you didn't add 「Excuse me」first, therefore she considered that you are rude.''

Lastly, I realized that before I ask anything, I suppose to add ''excuse me'' first, but I didn't have any malice, but others will misunderstand.

Because of our school only taught us to say ''Where are you from?'' and never remind us add ''excuse me'' first, however our English reference material never mentioned this detail.

Honestly, in this period of time, I was extremely hate English, that why right now I have a very terrible English and I have to spend a lot of time to redeem from it.

Lastly, I always notice that when I speak with a foreigner, am I a polite person? did I just say it correct and nobody think I'm a impolite person?
(我記得,自童年時,我們的中學老師的主修科目是英文,有一天我們學校發起校外交學(我不確定哪個用詞比較好),她負責用一部巴士帶我們去小人國玩)

(她曾在她的其中一堂英文課當中教過我們一句英文會話,我學到這句對話是 ''A:你來自哪裡? B:我來自........'')

(關於這趟校外教學,我遇到一位年長的外國人跟一位陪同她的臺灣人,我就無知地 / 天真地問她''嘿!你來自哪裡?'')

(她忽視我然後似乎不喜歡我的態度,然後她與那個臺灣人竊竊私語)

(之後,那個臺灣人用中文說''她覺得你很不禮貌,你沒有先說「不好意思」,所以她覺得你很魯莽)

(最後我領悟到,在我問任何事之前,我應該先說''不好意思'',膽我沒任何惡意,可是其他人就是會誤會)

(因為我們學校只教我們說''你來自哪裡?''並沒有提醒我們先說''不好意思'',不過我們的參考書沒有提到這個細節)

(老實說這段期間我非常討厭英文,這就是為什麼現在我的英文很糟,然後要花很多時間贖回光陰)

(最後,我總是注意當我跟外國人說話時,我是禮貌的人嗎?我剛剛說的話是正確的然後沒有人覺得我不禮貌嗎?)