It is more important for students to study history and literature t...

•  
  • 22
  • 0
  • 1
  • Bulgarian 
It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

There is one position, under which it makes no sense to teach students science and mathematics.
According to this view it is more useful to teach people in school history and literature.
Like many others people I cannot support this point of view to a large degree.
In my opinion it is a nonsense to force people study ones or others subjects when they have inclination to learn something different.
For example, one of my classmates was pretty incapable to master orthography, but at the same time he was pretty good at mathematics. Why should we deprive him of the possibility to feel good at school doing what makes him happy?
In the secondary school i was very involved with geometry. I suppose it would have been very unpleasant for me when one day this subject had disappeared from program.
The mathematics gives a lot of advantages to people who understand the links between it and our daily life. It facilitates solving logical problems and helps to see world more realistically and precisely.
It is highly unclear why the study of mathematics are supposed to be replaced with the study of history.
It’s obvious that one part of schoolchildren is incapable to solve mathematics problems or isn’t into mathematics at all, at a time when another part don’t manage to memorize some historical dates or hold in memory historical course of events.
Then why should we give advantage the other children to the neglect of others?
That why I consider this as nonsense.
What about science lessons, it’s true that science as a school major can be very helpful for the peoples who could tie their lives with investigations. Through is that the most part of schoolchildren won’t be interested in investigations. That why science as a school subject can be relevant only for a few children.
But for the reasons mentioned above I also disagree with replacement of science lessons with the history lessons. History despite its undeniable importance isn’t one universal major, which can replace some other special school majors.