Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance

•  
  • 33
  • 1
  • 1
Last night, I was excited to watch Fire Dragon Dance in Tai Hang, and it was also my first time experience. “Fire Dragon Dance” is the unique custom at Mid-autumn festival in Hong Kong. Mid-autumn festival is an important tradition in Taiwan too, but the customs in both places are different. For example, there are lantern carnivals in Hong Kong, while people watch lanterns at Spring Lantern Festival in Taiwan. So I had been surprised when I first knew that. In addition, we all eat moon cakes though, the styles of moon cakes are different between Hong Kong and Taiwan. “Fire Dragon Dance” is unique tradition in Hong Kong. The dragon was made of hemp rope and rattan frame wrapped in pearl straw with countless sticks of incenses. This huge dragon was hold to dance according to the vivid music of gong and drum, creating a beautiful blur of light at night. It was interesting in the crowd and enjoyed the bustling atmosphere.
The unique custom of Mid-autumn Festival was Barbecue. I ate yakiniku with my Taiwanese friend as yesterday’s dinner.
舞火龍
昨天第一次看了舞火龍。「舞火龍」是香港中秋節的傳統。中秋節也是台灣的節慶,但是兩地習慣有所不同。比如說香港中秋節賞燈,台灣則是元宵節。第一次知道時感到非常震驚。雖然都吃月餅,但港式月餅和台式月餅不一樣。「舞火龍」是香港獨有的傳統。常常得火龍身上插滿線香,在夜晚隨著鑼鼓舞動非常好看。人群很壅擠,這種熱鬧的氣氛也十分有趣。台灣獨有的中秋節習俗是烤肉。昨天跟台灣朋友一起吃了日式烤肉。