two videos about young people and banking in the USA and in France

•  
  • 143
  • 0
  • 0

I watched two videos concerning young people and banking. One is the American on-line bank, the Sofi, who wants the young to become a member but not everyone will qualify. They only lend money to people great enough and with great potential. The other French one, the Caisse d’Epargne, however, considers everyone as client.
Advertisement is a reflection of different cultures behind the two countries. We all know that the USA is a country with highly individualistic culture. People are encouraged to be independent and stand out from others. Thus in the video, everyone seems to focus on his own business and don’t know each other. Some people are mentioned particularly, for example, a boy called Brandon. May be because he has great inspiration which led to a great investment, so he became a client of the Sofi and new enjoys his success. The Americans are explicit, they don’t like to hide their opinion and they are always direct. The Sofi is picky and judgmental, someone is criticized as not great at all with no mercy, which maybe a little bit inappropriate in my country. The Sofi is also a little elitist, since they are lending money, they prefer speaking everything clearly and think that they have the right to choose only promising clients.
On the contrary, France encourages collectivism, interdependence and solidarity. In the second video, the young are always walking and playing together. They seem know each other very well. They are considered as a whole group because the French hold the belief that our world is in the hands of those who will participate in future economy, culture, environment and value, that is to say, everyone in his twenties now. It’s the whole generation that will have a far-reaching influence, not someone in particular. So the Caisse d’Epargne considers everyone as future client and offers the same opportunity for them to get a loan.
In conclusion, from these two videos of the same theme, we can see that intercultural factors play an important role in the way people interact with each other and in the way people think. Intercultural difference really has an important, invisible, formative influence on our value and daily life.