My most memorable journey took place this summer.

•  
  • 384
  • 0
  • 0
My most memorable journey took place this summer. Actually, it was the first time when I went abroad. In Italy. Why this country? It’s said that if you’re completely tired and need to be revived you must go to Italy. I felt so drained and exhausted that I needed this revival. Also I love ancient Roman historians like Titus Livius and Tacitus, so I wanted to see their motherland. And as far as I’m an art lover, Italy is one of the best countries to visit (especially for people who keen on history, architecture, fine arts and many other things).

My journey started very funny. At least it seems so now but then it didn’t look so. When me and my friend were going to the airport we saw a car with a coffin on its top! I’m not superstitious but in that moment I felt really nervous. Fortunately, everything ended well and we landed in Italy successfully.

For 7 days we could visit Imola, Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Siena, Florence, Venice and Rimini.

First impression: Nature! A lot of green, plants, orchards, the searing sun and dark blue water of Campania, smoking Vesuvio, canals of Venice. Such bright and beautiful nature really revives.

Italian food: Mmm… I don’t have enough words to describe how it was tasty, delicious, mouth-watering. In short, celestial food. I particularly liked Neapolitan Margherita and Venetian spaghetti with seafood. In the beginning, it was a bit unusual to drink only water or wine because the most popular everyday drink in Russia is tea. But our guide said in Italy people drunk tea when they felt ill.

Art: Among places we’ve visited I’d define Ufizzi Gallery. Da Vinci, Raphael, Boccaccio, Michelangelo, Filippo Lippi and many others. This gallery is a real treasury of world masterpieces. If you go to Florence you must visit it. I was no less impressed by excursions in 3 major basilicas of Rome: Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore, Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano and Santa Croce in Gerusalemme. Duomo di Siena stuns with the first sight. All people in our group opened their mouths when saw it))).

Summing up: I won’t describe in details everything I saw and where I was (otherwise it’ll be not a post but a roman) but the important thing I comprehended is if you go abroad and really want to understand people of other cultures and the way they live – COMPARISON IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD. Don’t compare and you can realize much more.

I hope to come back to Italy again)