Julia Child Bistro: Where To Eat In Saint-Petersburg

•  
  • 61
  • 0
  • 1

Today I would like to tell you about one of my favourite restaurants in Saint-Petersburg.

When we travel abroad we look for more than just sights we must definitely visit, we also look for places to eat. Sometimes, it can be a real pain to choose a good restaurant. So, if you plan your visit to Saint-Petersburg, I recommend you to take note of this one.

Julia Child Bistro is a small restaurant situated in the heart of the city, not far from Spasskaya metro station. It is the favourite hangout place for families, couples and friends.

The restaurant is divided into 2 rooms. The first room is petite, light and has just three tables, while the second one is bigger, low-lit and more atmospheric. Sitting at any table you have a wonderful view of the street with its lights, especially when it’s getting dusk. My friends and I usually pop into it after work without calling in advance, but table bookings are also available.

The menu offers a wide variety of mouth-watering dishes. We had some sandwiches with rabbit pâté and rhombs of cranberry jelly on top for starter. The main course consisted of a tomato soup with grilled slices of bacon. It all was followed by an exquisite chocolate cake served with a scoop of ice cream for dessert. On top of that, Julia Child offers an excellent choice of wines. We had a Spanish white wine with such a delicious fruit odor so, at first, we didn’t want to drink it in order to enjoy its smell.

Welcoming and attentive service accompanies the high quality of the cooking.

What I like most about this place is its atmosphere, which is very cozy and homely. Good songs of all genres (like jazz, blues, pop and rock’n’roll) help to rise your mood and they are never played too loud. For this reason I highly recommend going to Julia Child Bistro.