Nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favour of them because of their benefits to humanity. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

•  
  • 741
  • 1
  • 2
It is well known that animals are being used in the different experiments in medicine and industry. Currently, people tend to spread they empathy on the different animal species, not only on humans. I believe that it became possible because of the increased quality of life in some countries. Thus, there are many people who believe that the vivisection and other experiments that can inflict some injuries to the lab animals should be banned even if it is bad for mankind. Others believe that mankind’s benefits from such experiments are more important than animals.

Firstly, I want to discuss the stance that all experiments with animals should be stopped. I understand people with this opinion very well because I had the same opinion several years ago. I was a vegan for three years and a vegetarian for two years after. It seems that animal’s struggles through the experiments focused, for instance, on tobacco safety don’t worth it. I believe that use animals to test decorative cosmetics and tobacco is really wrong because it doesn’t help develop high technology and discover new important knowledge about the world. It just necessary to help tobacco corporation earn more money.

Secondly, it is very important to understand that the major of experiments with animals are needed to develop science such as evolutionary biology, immunology, virology, and biomechanics and so on. It is not about medicine only, it is about mankind’s development, about new information about the living world, new mechanisms, new functions. It is crucially important if we want to protect nature, communicate with it and have a fruitful connection with it.

To sum it up, obviously, we have to avoid violence towards animals, but we also have to continue to study animals including humans.