The Motivation.

•  
  • 237
  • 1
  • 1
«Some employers reward members of staff for their exceptional contribution to the company by giving them extra money. This practice can act as an incentive for some but may have a negative impact on others. To what extend is this managment style effective? Are there better ways of encouraging employees to work hard?»

The motivation of the employees is one of the most important things to worry about for the employers and companies since it has a substantial impact on the income. Thus, most of the employers in the capitalistic countries believe that money are the best motivation ever. However, it seems that it is not so obvious anymore. I’m going to discuss it using the scientific-based evidence and my own experience.

Expectantly the effects of the different approaches to rise the corporative motivation are studied by the researchers because it can help to refuse the working atmosphere and also increase the income of the companies and the corporations. Several months ago I’ve stumbled upon the TED talks where the lecturer, who is an economist, told about the studies focused on the motivation of the employees. According to him, money is really effective in cases when extra money can change the quality of life of the workers. However, in cases when employees' wages are already enough for the good quality of life, paying extra money is useless. Employees need to be motivated by their work’s value for society. I think it reflects that if people do not worry about basic necessities such as food anymore, they think about more important things.

I also observe this in my academical surroundings. In Russia, most of the students give up scientific carriers after the graduation even if they wanted to work in the academy before because they understand that it is impossible to be a scientist here and have a good quality of life. Opposite in the countries with high PhD’s salaries, many students continue to work in the academy even if another chose can provide them with more money. They make such a decision because they are really fond of their research. I feel the same and the satisfaction from the research process is the best reward if I shouldn’t think about pieces of bread every day.

To sum it up I want to emphasize that money is crucially important in the capitalistic world but it is not enough for the motivation for people with high quality of life. I believe that most of the big companies has already realize it and tries to use another approaches.