A Shaman against a President

•  
  • 85
  • 4
  • 4
That has been hard-working days. At the end of each day, I felt weary and was not motivated enough to practice my writing in English, but I am back on track now.

I would like to fill you in on a turmoil that is happening in Russia. A certain Yakut shaman, Aleksandr Gabyshev (Алекса́ндр Га́бышев), started his campaign to Moscow traveling on foot to banish Putin from the presidency because he is an evil spirit, who cast a spell over Russians. That spell put a bitter hatred in people’s hearts and cast them one against each other. He intended to conduct the banishment ritual by using mere shamanist spellings and his tambourine. Surprisingly, he received significant support from people in cities on his way. This was represented in mass meetings against antisocial pro-capitalist politics of Putin.

While passing the border of Buryatia, he stumbled upon a squad of so-called patriotic Buryat shamans casting an impassable spell over him. Apparently, his magic was stronger because he made it much further to the border of Irkutsk Oblast but was arrested. Around 40 Special Forces policemen were marshaled against this scrawny man. The police must have thought that the shaman started hurling lightings to them. A prosecutor's office hurled some inadequate accusation to him, so he is now under the recognizance not to leave the city of Irkutsk.