To solve the ever-increasing environmental hazards throughout the world, the best way is to increase the price of fuel. What is your opinion on the above assumption?

•  
  • 282
  • 2
  • 2
Humanity has been seeing dramatic changes regarding environmental hazards since the event of the industrialization. According to many scientists, the main threat caused by the modern industry is the famous global warming, which can give us the rise of a number of catastrophes like floods, tsunamis, droughts etc. Finally, global warming can melt polar caps, so the whole countries like the Netherlands will be covered by water. This means that we all are in jeopardy and our governments must be concerned. Some folks suggest that increasing the price of fuel will solve the problem. I do not think that this is a cure, but this idea has an appealing aspect.
I would like to ask the initiators of that reform if they were going to leave the extra money to oil companies or to the governments. In both cases, the price for all goods including groceries will increase, but in the last case, the governments can transfer some money back to people, so this might work in some places. However, I think that the best economic strategy is to invest in developing modern means of energy productions like fusion power generator. Currently, this generator is more theoretical than real, but it will be a game-changing machine capable of making the whole world economy more environmentally friendly.