Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?

•  
  • 268
  • 3
  • 2
Eating is the basic requirement that suffices for our survival. The nutrition mode has been changing since the Stone Age. Our ancestors relied on hunting and gathering some plants. However, humanity saw dramatic changes after the invention of agriculture technologies. Surprisingly, the agriculture technologies made a life of first peasants harder compared to hunter communities. If you are a peasant you have to spend most of your time working in a field, you are limited in protein because you do not have enough time to hunt and probably have game’s habitats destroyed in order to establish more farmlands. At this point, you may ask about any appealing sides for shifting from hunting to farming. The answer is a higher density of population, which can be maintained by farming. During the history line, diets of farming societies have become more diverse than ever. Now, we do not face the problem of getting enough calories or even vitamins, proteins etc because we are enriched in semi-finished products, which are often fortified.
Needless to say, that it is better to have a great variety of food to choose than linger on rice or bread. If you are a gourmet, you could pick your favorite cuisine or alternate them depending on your mood. If you are a busy person, you could save your time by cooking semi-finished products. This diet is not that bad if you consume enough vegetables. All of these are incorrect when it comes to many places in Africa. Everybody knows that natives are limited in food and even water, but I heard that the situation is getting better even there. Now, their main problem is unbalanced diet rather than the shortage of calories.