What I have learned from today's class.

•  
  • 21
  • 2
  • 1
What I have learned from today's class.

My class today is called improvisation. We were divided into two groups. One group pretended they were people in high social status and the other group pretended they were in low status, then we switched. The lecturer told us to find how it felt when greet people both in high and low social status. I found it interesting when pretending you were not exactly in your real status.

When I pretended to be in high social status, I felt confidence and great when greet people in low social status. However when I greet people in high social status, I was wondering whose status is higher and it made me uneasy in my inner centre.

When I pretended to be in low social status, I felt I was really low, in a very bad situation, and greeting people in high social status need a lot of courage. Interestingly, when greeting people in the same low social status, I felt we had more sympathy.

I learned from this class that if I am going to make a presentation or meet new people, it will be helpful to pretend I am in high social status. By doing this, I can feel confidence and make better communication.