I Don’t Wanna Live Forever

•  
  • 143
  • 3
  • 2
  • Japanese 
I Don’t Wanna Live Forever

この投稿のタイトルにびっくりしないで!意味は思っているほど深くないから。僕のラインのステータスがI Don’t Wanna Live Foreverで友達がこれを見たら勘違いしたみたい(笑)ゼインが好きな人はいる?彼はエド・シーランと同じくらい好きで、僕の大好きなゼインが出している曲について話したいと思う。I Don’t Wanna Live Foreverはフィフティ・シェイズ・ダーカーのためのゼインとテイラー・スウィフトのコラボの曲だ。まじで面白くなかった映画だと思う(笑)

彼女と彼氏にとっては別れたことがどれだけ辛いのか、離れているだけでどれだけ悲しいのか、切ないラブソングだ。ゼインとテイラーは順番に歌で自分が感じているものと気持ちを伝えていく。まずはゼインから

Been sitting eyes wide open behind these four walls, hoping you'd call
It's just a cruel existence like it's no point hoping at all
Baby, baby, I feel crazy
Up all night, all night and every day
Give me something, oh, but you say nothing
What is happening to me?

一人で寂しさに耐えられないゼインは彼女がいないと不安ばかりで、頭がおかしくなるくらい彼女のことを考えている。

I'm sitting eyes wide open and I got one thing stuck in my mind
Wondering if I dodged a bullet or just lost the love of my life
Baby, baby, I feel crazy
Up all night, all night and every day
I gave you something, but you gave me nothing
What is happening to me?

振ったテイラーは別れたことが正しいかどうか自分でも確信していない。あれほど恋愛のために頑張っていたのに、向こうは頑張ってくれなかった。

I've been looking sad in all the nicest places
Baby, baby, I feel crazy
I see you around in all these empty faces
Up all night, all night and every day
Now I'm in a cab, I tell 'em where your place is
What is happening to me?

でもどこに行っても彼のしがらみから解放されない。あんなことされていたのに、彼のことを愛さないではいられないから、よりを戻す。

I don't wanna live forever, 'cause I know I'll be living in vain
And I don't wanna fit wherever
I just wanna keep calling your name until you come back home

ゼインが歌うコーラスの一行”I don’t wanna live forever”の意味は、例え自分が不死身であったとしても、意味のない存在だ。愛している彼女は人生に意味を与えてくれるから、彼女がいないと生きている意味がないのだ。

正直に言うと、オリジナルの”I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”は音高が甘くなくてあまり好きじゃない。でもユーチューブでゼインは自分のチャネルにアコースティックバージョンをアップロードしたことに気付いてびっくりした!オリジナルより百倍良いと思う!ゼインが好きな方はぜひI Don’t Wanna Live Foreverのアコースティックバージョンを聞いてください!

詳細はこちら:
I Don’t Wanna Live Forever

Don’t be alarmed by the title! It’s not as literal as you think. One of my friends who saw my ライン status saw this and misunderstood...(笑)Who likes Zayn here? He’s my favourite British singer alongside Ed-Sheeran and I’d like to talk about my favourite song from him. “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” is the name of a duet performed by Zayn and Taylor Swift for the movie “Fifty Shades Darker” (terrible movie by the way haha)

This song is about the breakup of two people in a relationship and how painful it is to both of them being apart from each other. Each takes turns in singing about how they feel after breaking up starting with Zayn and then proceeding to Taylor.

Baby, baby, I feel crazy
Up all night, all night and every day
What is happening to me?

Zayn starts off with expressing how anxious and alone he feels, almost going crazy thinking about her.

Baby, baby, I feel crazy
Up all night, all night and every day
What is happening to me?

Taylor proceeds to tell her view on what she feels that, she’s not sure if she did the right thing by breaking it off. Even though she put work into their relationship, she never got anything out of it which ultimately led her to leave him.

Baby, baby, I feel crazy
Up all night, all night and every day
What is happening to me?

However, no matter where she goes she can’t stop thinking about him. Despite everything he has done to her, she can’t stop herself from loving him and decides to give the relationship another chance by seeing him again.

And I don't wanna fit wherever

The chorus of this song, as sung by Zayn, and the meaning of “I don’t wanna live forever” is essentially saying that, even if he was immortal, his life would have no meaning. She gives meaning to his life because he loves her, and a life without her is simply one not worth living.

In my opinion, I don’t really like the original song by Taylor and Zayn as the high pitch singing doesn’t flow well. Actually, I was amazed when I saw Zayn had released an acoustic version of this song on his YouTube channel that’s 100 times better than the original. If you like Zayn then please listen to his acoustic version which you can find here