cover letter

•  
  • 68
  • 0
  • 0
Nov 8, 2018 23:13 斩斩斩
Dear Ms.,

I’m writing to apply for the position of 11 Kunsthalle North China for Curator, as advertised on Linkedin careers page. I have three years of experience living in Paris, and keep working in different positions in Art marketing, I believe I am ready for this position.

In your job posting, you mention that you want to hire an experienced curator and projets manager who understand well about design. During my time in Paris, I established an association named “A plus d’art” in order to create a platform to gather the French and Chinese art workers in Paris, we organized the event regularly about art exhibitions, movies and theatres etc.

After four year study about Art History in China, I wanted to advance my studies by practical inquiry, so I chosed continue my study on Art Marketing in Paris.
During my studies in Paris, I joined our school project for organizing an exhibition for the young Colombian artists who worked or lived in France which took place at the end of 2017 in Paris. This exhibition as part of the 2017 France-Colombia Year.

At the same year, I already realised an solo exhibition as a curator for artist MO Junseok at the gallery Paris Horizon (http://www.galerieparishorizon.net/copie-de-resonance-1). This experience let me understand well how to conceptualize and structure an exhibition plan and made it done and till the networking to promote the works and exhibition.

Also the experience of working in Agency Valerie Henry, an angency represent the artists who work for the windows decorate of the luxe marks, gave me a chance to get familiar with the world of luxe and to do a lot of networking with the big mall during that period.

Currently, I’m working as a curator independent for an exhibition combine the illustrator Chinese and Western, beneath an ancient Chinese muthology--- Kuafu chased the sun. This exhibition will take place on 1st December 2018 at Centre Genesis in Paris.

When I saw the job opening, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to offer you both my experience of study and work in France during this three and half years. An the skill of combining the business and art and life is a goal I wanted to balance in every project I’ve been followed. I’ve included my resume so you can learn more about my educational background and all of my work experience. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Please feel free to email me. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Fangfei LIN