2

•  
  • 134
  • 0
  • 0
The Yangtze River flows past the west side of Nanjing City Proper, while the Ningzheng Ridge surrounds the north, east and south sides of the city. Geography of Nanjing always remains charming, attracting 9 monarches to build up a new dynasty, and always remain suitable for people to live, for its distinct seasons and ravishing natural landscape. However, the history of Nanjing never remains the same as invariable mountains, as running rivers.
In 1937, the darkest history of Nanjing, the Japanese army invaded and occupied Nanjing and carried out the systematic and brutal Nanking Massacre. The total death toll could not be confirmed, since no official records were kept, but most estimates put the number of dead between 200,000 and 300,000. And now, even though China is strong enough to protect her people, to defend its territory, this Massacre still hurts Chinese people, and haunts Sino-Japanese relation.
When history refuse to move on, like ancient china refusing to bring in advanced technology and resting on past laurels, then above-mentioned disaster is about to happen.
This is a world full of competition, when you stop, somebody else will catch up and surpass you, although you still stand on the same place when you were champion, once you stop, you will lose your honor also at the same place.