Can the Japanese economy stay competitive in the 21st century?

•  
  • 772
  • 0
  • 4
Apr 7, 2017 17:53 (15)(Ⅲ)
I think that the Japanese economy can stay competitive in the 21st century. I would like to explain my opinion from two perspectives. One is how society has changed about this issue, and the other is of a possible counterargument.

Firstly, our society has experienced great changes recently. It is necessary to change our way of thinking in accordance with how society changes. In fact, Japan has the 2nd largest number of patents of all countries. At a glance, it is a mystery that the country which has few natural resources like Japan has a leading economy. However, it is true that Importing raw materials and exporting manufactured products have been made Japan larger economy in the world.

Secondly, everyone has different positions and try experiences. It is wiser to consider opinions from different viewpoints before making a decision than to ignore them. The new rival companies for Japan such as China and South Korea have been trying to gain the popularity by making goods Japan had the priority before such as shipbuilding. Actually, these countries are not always good at developing new products by applied technology that Japan has a competitive edge. In addition, they are not a large number of patent holders. These shows that these countries cannot necessary have leading technologies.

In conclusion, I believe that the Japanese economy can stay competitive in the 21st century. Furthermore, it may be a good idea to make a consensus in the society about this issue.